Dear Parents, Students, and Community Members:
On behalf of Educational Services, welcome to the Palo Verde Unified School District web site. We appreciate your interest in our school district.
As we prepare for the 2013-2014 school year, it is vital to ensure that student success is achieved at every level from our Head Start and Developmental Kindergarten programs to our High School and College Transition programs. We recognize that every student is unique, and we strive to provide the best education in a caring environment.
We currently employ approximately 300 employees to provide services to all departments and schools in our district. About half of our employees are teachers and other certificated staff. Additionally, we employ support personnel who keep students safe and healthy, buildings clean and well maintained, technology in working order, and our offices and departments running efficiently. We recruit employees as vacancies occur. Our primary methods of advertising are the local papers and on EdJoin. Applicants are always encouraged to call our Personnel office at (760) 922-4164 for additional information.
Our schools also encourage volunteers to work in the office and classrooms. Please contact your neighborhood school site to ask how you can contribute and make a difference.
We all believe that student learning and education is the ultimate profession. To that end we offer a variety of programs that are tailored to meet the needs of our students. It is our goal and passion to create an environment that will result in the Palo Verde Unified School District providing the best possible education to local students.
I invite you to contact the school district with any question or suggestion.
Palo Verde Unified School District Vision Statement
Palo Verde Unified School District will constantly seek to improve its culture of academic excellence. We expect every student to read, write and calculate competently. We expect every teacher to apply consistent standards, evaluate student performance accurately, and coach students with diligence and compassion. We expect every parent, student, and teacher to support the mutual quest for excellence. Educational progress can never happen without truth as its foundation, and it is to the wonderful truth of student potential and the challenging truth of student performance that we are unalterably committed.
Palo Verde Unified School District 2012-2013 School Board Goals
- Provide a positive, safe, and healthy environment for all students and staff.
- Improve student achievement through articulation of curriculum across grade levels and school sites, focusing on academic proficiency to prepare students for graduation and to be successful and responsible citizens.
- Create a balanced budget and allocate funds to educate students to the best of our abilities in keeping within fiscal and educational restrictions and limitations.
- Recruit and retain qualified and competent personnel with good communication skills who are student focused.
- Enhance the active participation with the Palo Verde Unified School District through improving external communication with the community and all key stakeholders by creating a culture of ownership and responsibility to our schools based on trust and mutual respect.
Recently Updated Pages
- May 21, 2013 6:00 pmBoard Meeting
- May 27, 2013Memorial Day (No School)
- June 5, 2013End of School Year
- June 18, 2013 6:00 pmBoard Meeting